Rosemary, Garlic and Parmesan Cheese season the tender potato slices in this luxurious and delectable side dish. It’s the perfect side for some of those cold winter nights in.
Sometimes I just make this and a little side salad and call dinner as being “Served”.
That’s it – nothing more, nothing less.
It’s a fabulous little combo.
Happy Friday to all!
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into ⅛-inch slices
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.