Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Author: Melissa Brewer - Food Luv 101
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, baking soda and salt. Give the dry ingredients a quick whisk and then set this mixture aside.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Turn the mixer on medium high and cream together the butter and sugars, making sure to scrape down the sides so everything is incorporated. Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin and combine. Add the dry ingredients into the mixer and mix until the dry mixture is just combined. Add in 1½ cups of the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Spray a 13x9 baking sheet with baking spray. Place the mixture into the baking sheet and level it out. Sprinkle on the remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let cool before cutting and serving.