We are well on our way to wrapping up the 2nd month of the year (February) and as I promised back in January I would be posting a new “Nutella” Dessert for each month in the year 2014. So in continuation of my devotion and love for Nutella I have decided on a “No Bake” version for this months recipe.
**Warning this Cheesecake is Very Rich. But it’s nothing short of pure decadence. When paired with coffee or a shot of espresso – Well it’s bliss – bliss- bliss…………..and extra pure hyper- activeness……………………lol
- 9 oz crushed graham crackers
- 7 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Nutella (for Crust)
- ¼ Cup Crushed & Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 oz (2 bars ) of cream cheese, room temp
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 - 13 oz jar of Nutella
- In a food processor pulsate the crackers until nice and crumbly, add the melted butter 2 tbsp Nutella, Crushed Hazelnuts and give a few pulses until mixed thoroughly.
- Put the crust mix into a springform cake tin (I used 8”) and press firmly to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge while preparing the cheesecake mixture.
- Beat the cream cheese, with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until it forms a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Beat in the jar of Nutella until mixture is combined.
- Beat in the ½ cup cream until mixture looks shiny and mousse-like.
- Dollop mixture onto graham crust and smooth the surface.
- Just before refrigerating the cheesecake add some topping if you wish, I crumbled some Hazelnuts and sprinkled on top for some décor.
- Chill in the fridge for a 4 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Just before serving dust corners with some powdered sugar....For the prettiness effect!