Leonardo Da Vinci is believed to have said once: “Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication”.
So here you have it a Grilled Cheese Sandwich of a different kind. The ingredients are really almost too basic but the end result is extra special. Sunday nights are mostly made of Mozzarella in Corrozza with a cup of creamy tomato soup here at the Brewer house.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ Lb mozzarella di bufala
- ½ cup milk 8 slices of white bread no whole grain
- All purpose flour salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Slice mozzarella and lay it between two slices of bread. Slice them in half to obtain two triangles.
- Whip the eggs with the milk, season w salt and pepper.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a non stick pan.
- Dust the sandwiches in the flour, then dip it into the egg mix.
- Place into the pan and fry on both sizes until golden and crisp on the outside. The mozzarella should be completely melted when the sandwich is eaten.
- Cut the sandwiches in halves or quarters before serving.