Quinoa salads come in all tastes and styles these days. But this version is one of my all time favorites .
It’s just one great blend of flavors and textures. From the crisp corn (straight off the cob), the creamy luxury of the the diced avocado then there is the little “punch” of heat at the end from the Jalapeño and Cayenne pepper. Topped off with a little squeeze of lime and there you have it- “Little Mexico in a Bowl” a healthy bowl that is.
- 1 Cup cooked white quinoa
- 3 Cups fresh corn (about 4 ears) cut from the cob
- ½ Jalapeno , seeded and finely diced
- 2 Green onions diced
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 Limes (Juiced)
- ¼ Cup Cotija cheese (crumbled)
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- ½ Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- In a large mixing bowl-Combine the Quinoa, Corn with the chopped Jalapeño, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, cottage cheese and a dash of Cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add the diced Avocado and top the salad with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve.