These are just simply fabulous, sometimes I just eat these by themselves with a glass of vino for din din- The combo is so delish it’s easy to forget about the steak!
Recipe type: Breads
- 4 cups milk, warmed
- 8 Eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 2¼ cups grated gruyere cheese
- Place a popover pan in the oven and heat until oven and pan reach 350. Gently warm the milk over low heat and set aside. Whisk the eggs until frothy and slowly whisk in the milk (so as not to cook the eggs). Set the mixture aside. Sift the flour with the salt. Slowly add the dry mixture and gently combine until almost smooth.
- Once combined, remove the popover pan from the oven and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. While the batter is still slightly warm or at room temperature (not cool), fill each popover cup ¾ full. Top each popover with 2½ Tablespoons for grated gruyere.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes, rotating pan half a turn after 14 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven, remove popovers from pan and serve immediately.
- Serve with an herb butter and slightly coarse sea salt. Yum!