Aw Fall….. The season I long for most. After the long hot days of summer have passed, I wait patiently with the countdown to of turning off my AC and opening up all the windows in my house and feeling that first crisp glorious breeze that spells- Autumn
Along with this joy of embracing this new season is the excitement of all the scents that I welcome back into my kitchen – Cinnamon, Clove, Allspice, Baked Apple, Pumpkin Bread, Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Stew, Hot Chocolate …………. Oh the list can go on and on. But tonight I will begin with a stew…..Not Just any stew…….A stew that comes from one of my most beloved countries -The Emerald Isle (Ireland).
- 1 Bottle GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout
- 1 LB stewing diced beef
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 1 large celery - diced
- 1 large parsnip - diced
- 1 Litre of thick beef stock
- Sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- Stir fry the beef, add the vegetables and cook till tender, then pour the GUINNESS®
- and reduce by half. Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between an hour and an hour and a half. Serve with the champ potato and honey roast carrot and parsnip.
- Tip – This stew is always better made one day in advance!