Oh Lemons how I love you. – When the summer months arrive it comes naturally to gravitate towards light and refreshing desserts .
Especially ones that are citrus inspired and that are served in cute little mason jars. I used strawberries to give my lemon mousse a little twist. But you can feel free to use any kind of berry to add something extra special to this recipe. Try Blueberries, Blackberries or Raspberries . They all compliment this classic Lemon mousse well. Not to mention they look so extra pretty when serving them.
- 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 egg yolks
- The zest of 2 lemons
- 10 strawberries chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1¾ crushed graham crackers
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Combine 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, 8 egg yolks and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Place lemon mixture in fridge and chill until cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and butter until well combined.
- Using electric mixer, beat heavy cream in medium bowl until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into lemon mixture until well combined.
- Divide graham cracker mixture between 8 serving dishes. Top with chopped strawberries or any berry of your choice (blueberries, blackberries or raspberries) or all three!