There has always been that “Something” about Cinnamon. It’s the something that translates to the feeling of “All things warm, fuzzy and sweet in life.” When I was a young girl, I remember coming home from school during those crisp fall afternoons, I’d open the door to my house , walk in the kitchen and see my mama’s beautiful warm smile and there in the air would be the comforting aroma of “Cinnamon”.
Yes mama’s -Cinnamon Sugar Toast bread with dripping butter. That was one of my favorite after school delights.
So today I will celebrate Cinnamon and make Cinnamon Roasted Almonds. They are so super easy to make. Great for treat bags, snacks or making as a jar to give as a gift. They taste just like the cinnamon roasted almonds you get at the fair, and nothing get’s better than that!
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F .
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Beat egg whites and vanilla extract in a large bowl; add almonds and toss to coat. Stir brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and salt into almonds until blended. Spread almond mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until coating is dry, about 75 minutes.