Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
Author: Melissa Brewer - Food Luv 101
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter -- softened (2 sticks)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer or by hand, combine the butter, vanilla, salt and sugars in a large bowl and beat together until well blended. Stir in flour until just mixed. Add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Break the dough into small pieces and scatter them over entire surface of the ungreased, un-lined half-sheet pan or large cookie sheet. Press dough in a thin, even layer, but don't worry if the dough doesn't touch every edge and corner . Spreading the dough in a thin layer will give you the shortbread/brittle texture you want.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until medium brown. Check at the 20 minute bake time, then watch cookies carefully; they go from brown to burnt around the edges very quickly. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Using your hands, break the brittle into pieces, then store in an airtight container.