I love Caprese Salad and I am always looking for new creative ways to make chicken dishes.
So here is a fun combo when you take the ingredients of the Caprese Salad and marry them with a seasoned grilled chicken breast. Ladies and gentlemen I now give you one very simple and delicious chicken meal that is not only very easy to make but is very pretty to look at. It all get’s finished off with the “drizzle” of a Balsamic reduction glaze.
True Beauty on a Plate.
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (cut in halves)
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Slices of Soft Fresh Mozzarella Cheese 4 (1/2 inch thick)
- Mini Heirloom Tomatoes sliced in half
- Bunch of Fresh Basil Leaves - Chopped
- Balsamic Glaze
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Prepare the Balsamic Glaze Reduction
- Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in refrigerator.
- For Chicken:
- Pour Olive oil into a large cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil until a small droplet of water pops in the oil. Place seasoned chicken breasts into hot oil, fry for 2 minutes, and flip chicken.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven and bake until chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 12 minutes. Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a serving platter and top each with fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes and chopped basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze reduction.