I’ve always have been a huge fan of Cannoli. The very first time a tasted one of these little cuties filled with pure “awesomeness” was at Mike’s Pastry in the North End of Boston.
I could only dream that there would be a bakery like this back here in California that could match the “Heavenlyness” (is that a word?) of Mikes Pastry, but so far I haven’t been able to pin one down. This Cannoli is a nice “Plan B”- Because you get all the fun that comes with a Cannoli but it’s half the work. It’s alway’s been a real crowd pleaser and lets face it. How could you turn your back on something so pretty!
- 1 32oz container part skim or fat free ricotta cheese
- 2½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ – 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marinier
- Mini chocolate chips, to top
- Chopped pistachios, to top
- Fresh orange zest, to top
- Fresh Raspberries, to top
- Wafers or graham crackers, to dip
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top with mini chocolate chips, chopped pistachios,raspberries and orange zest.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with dippers of your choice.